Monday, March 24, 2008

Pleasing Purple Salad

Here's a recipe I made up today. I hope you like it!

Pleasing Purple Salad
1 wedge of purple cabbage, finely shredded
Salad sprinkles-however much you like
Newman's Own Cranberry or Raspberry Dressing

Salad Sprinkles
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup golden raisins

Put the cabbage into a large salad bowl or salad plate. Sprinkle on however much salad sprinkles you like and top with the salad dressing. YUM!

The salad sprinkles are what I put on top of a lot of my salads. I keep them in the refrigerator in a container that is small enough to put into my lunch container for my spinach salads and my other salads.

Just a few of the benefits of this salad:

Cabbage has lots of fiber and is also a cancer fighter, pecans and walnuts feed the brain (have you heard of “signature”—sign of nature? That’s the idea that when a fruit or vegetable looks like a body part, it feeds that body part. So, walnuts and pecans feed the brain, carrots look like the iris and feed the eye, avocados look like the uterus and so they feed that part, etc.) Sunflower seeds have many nutrients in them, cranberries feed the bladder, and raisins have iron in them.

No comments: